Sadly, Rafael Nadal has canceled his appearance at the 2024 Australian Open

 Rafael Nadal has canceled his appearance at the 2024 Australian Open. Injuries are bothering the Spaniard again.

At the end of last year, Nadal announced he would make a comeback this month after missing a year from the court due to a hip injury. He proved this by appearing at the Brisbane International which will be held on 31 December 2023 - 7 January 2024.

In the warm-up tournament, Nadal stopped in the quarter-finals after losing to the host's representative, Jordan Thompson. At that time, he suffered a muscle injury and seemed to have difficulty finishing the match. His condition makes the public wonder.

On Sunday (7/1), Nadal also announced via social media that the injury meant he had to withdraw from the Australian Open which will start next week. He won't recover in time.

"Hello everyone, in the last match in Brisbane I experienced a muscle problem which made me worried. After arriving in Melbourne I underwent an MRI test and there was a small tear in my muscle, but not at the location of my old injury and that is good news," said Nadal.

"Now I'm not ready to compete at the maximum level for five sets. I'm going back to Spain to see a doctor, get treatment and rest."

"I've worked hard all year to make a comeback and I've always said my target is to be back at my best level in three months. Although it's sad not to be able to feature in the incredible Melbourne, it's not bad news and we all remain positive about the progress of the season.

"I really wanted to play in Australia and I had the opportunity to play a few matches, which made me very happy and positive. Thank you for the support and see you again!" he stressed.

Nadal is the winner of two Australian Open titles, most recently in 2022. 

Source:

Web Indexing Web Indexing Web Indexing Web Indexing Web Indexing Web Indexing

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

2024 Hyundai Ioniq 5 N Presents Performance Carbon Fiber Wheels

META tank jungler Akai jungler is too strong

This team is predicted to be a big threat to Red Bull Racing in F1 2024